Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Writing Made Easy

     I have a son in middle school and part of his English curriculum is writing. They write about novels they are reading and they also are required to keep a blog about anything they want. The main objective of the blog is to practice their writing craft. He usually uses the Microsoft Word program to write his papers on. One of the things we noticed is that MS Word doesn't always correct all the grammar problems.
     I write two different blogs each week and while I have an editing program within my blog, it doesn't always catch my spelling, let alone, my grammar issues. Many times I'll use Microsoft Word as well, only to find embarrassing errors. Writing reflects the author's credibility, and you can lose jobs, and receive negative perceptions if your work is off.
     Recently, I found another software program called WhiteSmoke 2011 . WhiteSmoke is a language solution for full text translation and English writing. I know sometimes I have to look up synonyms, but have no fear this program will do it for you. WhiteSmoke will also correct spelling mistakes and grammar issues with a single click. When compared to Word this program found 3 spelling errors compared to MS Word only finding two errors. In the same document WhiteSmoke found 7 grammatical errors versus Words 2 errors.
     You can also translate over 50 languages with this program and it contains a Multi-Lingual Dictionary along with an English Thesaurus. WhiteSmoke 2011 is the first all in one English solution. Why not download it for free and give it a try? There is nothing to lose, but great writing to gain!

No comments:

Post a Comment