Monday, January 11, 2010

Hello

Hello,

I've decided to write a blog to help get me motivated to write something every day. A long term goal of mine has been to compose a novel or novelette of some of my short stories. On my blog I will update you on how that is going and also post some of my stories for you to read. I am hopeful by doing this that my goal of getting my book done will become a reality and also I hope to get feedback from family and friends.
You will find a variety of writing on my blog from fiction to non-fiction to editorial type pieces or I may just tell you something that happened to me that day as I tend to find myself in interesting situations just living life. Most of my stories involve family situations and relationships which sounds kind of dull but if you have your own family than you know how crazy and complicated any family can be. I love humor and dark humor and stories of the human spirit and how anyone can overcome issues.
I hope you will visit my blog regularly as this will encourage me to write daily and get the ball rolling. My current story that I've been working on is called Karaoke Fridays and I hope to have it finished soon. It is the story of several different groups of people who happen to show up at a karaoke bar and who end up being intertwined. The karaoke part is really just a backdrop; the heart of the story is the characters and what is happening with them beyond the bar. They all show up to the bar to blow off steam as all the characters have complicated issues going on in their lives. Everything comes full circle at the end.
Stop by again tomorrow and hopefully I will have something new here.

Take care and Happy New Year! Lets make 2010 memorable!
Kelly

1 comment: